Thursday, June 18, 2009

Pine Mt. over the back flight, 5 miles

I was three times on Pine Mt. launch during last 3 years, but never fly before. Today was different, light wind, good cycles become more consistent and I launched at 12:16. Straight up to could base and went east, following ridge. Convergence line, marked by nice cumulus, was deep in the terrain. I try to follow it, but did not find any lift and have to move back for a safe landing.

Did not quite make it to the road, but landed on a huge grassy plateau and hike down to the road. Jonathan landed close to me, but near the road and Tony made it to Quail lake. Fast Eddie justifies his nickname and provided excellent retrieve for everybody. After flight we stop by in Tony's house and I finally saw famous map:

My GPS track: http://www.paraglidingforum.com/leonardo/flight/218891

No comments: