Friday, September 9, 2022

Red Rocks Wide Open PG 2022

In terms of competitions my plan was to fly Chelan this year, but I was few hours late to register and could not get a spot. This is insane how fast 130 spots are gone after registration is open these days, you need to be clicking on the button right that second when it opens. Process reminded me of Yosemite campsite booking. Exception is for top 30 or so pilots they can register whenever they wish. Anyway the second comp in US was in Monroe Utah, which is a nice spot and I have been there few times, so I went there without any hesitation. 

There was an excellent weather just before the comp started, but during the comp we was not so lucky with only 3 tasks. My performance was not that good, I took 80th place out of 104, but scenery was certainly worth coming. And during the 3 rainy days I went to mini-trip to Moab and nearby parks, including Arches, Canyon Land, Dead Horse and Capital Reef.

Monroe launch

Monroe LZ

Rainbow on I-15

Storm clouds

Results: https://airtribune.com/red-rocks-wide-open-22/results

No comments: