Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home to Ocean hike

I was dreaming about walking from my home to ocean for couple of year, but finally did it. Its a relatively easy 20 miles hike with only 1300 ft elevation gain. It took me 6:26 hours to complete it.
I started at 5:50. During first part through San Fernando valley I had constant feeling that I'm in Mexico. Apartments looks exactly like Posadas, people on gas stations filling junk cars. Next part was Topanga State Park, which I crossed from north to south. Trail is a fire road in the beginning (with lots of bikes):
eventually turn into small trail on Temescal ridge:
After exit from the park I entered into completely different city with rich houses, different people walking on the streets and after another few miles arrive to the ocean:

No comments: